NOW HIRING FOR SUMMER GROUNDS KEEPER POSITION!
- Zoo Design
- animal enrichment
- animal nutrition
- event planning
- early education programming
- zookeeper and enrichment interns to design and implement enrichment programs and projects for the animals.
- We are also looking for students in education, recreation, and resource recreation to help the Education Director enlarge the offerings at the zoo.
- Business or computer students are needed to come and get an online gift shop going for us, and another to help us streamline our processes. If students have an idea about what they could do here, we would love to hear it and work with them.
1) Animal Keeper Volunteers
Animal keeper volunteers work closely alongside our animal keepers to help with their tasks. Many of these volunteers have a desire to pursue a career in a zoo setting. Zootah provides an excellent opportunity to get started in animal keeper work. We are a small zoo which means you will have a wide variety of jobs and the opportunity to work with many different animals. We welcome you to come work alongside our staff to help maintain a healthy, happy environment for our animals. We rely on these volunteers to be present when scheduled; therefore, we ask you only apply to this position if you are able to commit 3 hours a week on a consistent basis.
Some of your responsibilities will include:
*Cleaning enclosures and grounds
*Preparing animal diets
At least 18 years of age
*Able to commit to 3 hours a week
*Committed to maintaining a positive attitude and working well with others!
To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and ask for an application.
2) Special projects volunteers
Our special projects volunteers are dedicated to making the zoo look better. If you’d like to help out at the zoo but are unable to commit to several hours each week, this group may be a good fit for you. We will meet once every two weeks and work for 2-3 hours on a section of the zoo. Please contact email@example.com if you’re interested with your name, age, and availability. Minimum age requirement for our special projects volunteers is 13.
3) Youth Volunteer Program
For volunteers between age 13-17 we meet every Wednesday from 4:00-5:30. Please contact Maddi at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested!